Shopify is one of the most famous e-commerce solutions with many active users all around the world. The Shopify platform has various features and comes with attractive templates. It offers its users an easy way to sell products digitally online. In this blog, we will look into some key points that will make a Shopify store rank in search results.
You can follow these easy tips to know all the essential things for upgrading your Shopify store’s SEO.
Reasons behind to choose Shopify E-commerce for your online store:
- The Shopify platform is adaptable to your specific requirements
- There are many built-in tools present in the Shopify platform
- It is one of the improved e-commerce platforms with excellent Search Engine Optimization features.
- It is easy to use where you do not require any coding skills. This way, you can save time and money.
What are the benefits of the Shopify E-commerce Platform?
- You get a Web-based Content Management System to upgrade your website.
- It has W3C mark- up validation services.
- It has a fully secured payment method.
- It effortlessly combines with POS systems.
- You can customize your website design and take full control of HTML & CSS.
- You get customer support with help from a technical consultant.
Ways To Do SEO For the SHOPIFY Ecommerce Platform
Have you established the new Shopify platform for your online store and want to apply the SEO methods? But first, before knowing about the tips, let us understand what Shopify is. Shopify is the most advanced e-commerce Content Management System & shopping cart with built-in Search Engine Optimization elements. These SEO elements confirm the increased traffic and sale to your websites from search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
Some important tips are mentioned below that will help in improving the SEO of your Shopify Store:
- Firstly, you must delete the duplicate content from your Shopify store.
- Your page title must be unique, along with the meta description of your pages.
- You need to optimize the images of your online store.
- Your home page must be linked with your products page.
- Technical SEO is a must for SHOPIFY.
- Also, Canonical tag and Domain Canonicalization are essential.
- You need to add your sitemap.xml to Google Search Console.
- Use Google Analytics
- Creating high-quality backlinks will help in improving SEO to your Shopify store.
- Don’t make a mistake for setting up 301 redirects for old product pages
- You can install the free Product Review App.
- Configure the blog quality in your Shopify Platform
Delete Duplicate Content From Your Shopify Store
By duplicate content, it means that content is entirely the same as other website content. Duplicate content can create havoc for any Shopify website in search engines like Google, Bing, & Yahoo.
Duplicate content may have a bad effect on search engines because search engines could penalize your store. If you remove duplicate content from your website, it will become a big impact on the search engine. This tip will be useful, and you can drive more traffic to your website.
So to make sure all your content is 100% unique, you can use tools like Copyscape Plagiarism checker. This tool will detect duplicacy in the content.
Create unique Page Title and Meta Descriptions for your pages
To rank in any search engine, meta title and meta descriptions, tags are essential components of any website. The keywords should be stuffed properly in the meta title and meta description tags of the page content. This unique detail helps search engines to get an idea and understand what the page is all about.
The Title and Description must be written concerning SEO. The title part should be of 60 characters, the minimum word count, whereas the description tag should be of 160 characters. Though this process will take a lot of time, you must undoubtedly try doing it, as it can help improve your search engine rankings.
Your store images should be appropriately optimized
Optimizing the image of your Shopify store is essential to boost the website presence in Google and other search engines. The pictures in your website pages must include the proper Alt-tags with appropriate keywords. So, when you think of using images on a Shopify website, you must keep in mind that you must upgrade the images for search traffic.
When you create alt-tags for your images, these are the main points to consider:
- Do not stuff the keywords while adding a proper description.
- Try using a unique alt-tag.
- Alt-tags must be brief and describe the image clearly.
- Do not add alt tags for buttons and smaller images.
You have to follow these steps when you add alt text to Shopify:
- Click products from your Shopify admin.
- And then click on the product name that you want to modify.
- Hang around the product image and click ALT.
- Add or edit alt text in the Image alt text box.
- Then Click Done to save the text.
Create High-Quality Backlinks For Your Shopify Store
Are you thinking of increasing the number of visitors to your Shopify store? If yes, then building good and quality backlinks is a good tip for everyone. You can get a good amount of traffic quickly by creating a profile of your store on Yelp, Amazon, and many other websites. By creating a profile on these platforms, you will get strong backlinks and traffic, too, in return, which will help in the improvement of your website.
Make sure your Shopify store is loading speedily.
Search engines give preference to websites page speed to rank and deliver results faster. But with Shopify, reducing the page speed is a bit limited. Instead of buying your hosting and coding your template, you have to make use of the Shopify’s servers and templates.
The tips mentioned above may not contain everything you should know about Shopify SEO, but you will undoubtedly be ahead of your competitors when you follow the points correctly. To learn more about the ways of doing SEO for a Shopify website, you can contact us at our toll-free (+91)9355088080 / +1(630) 960-5984.